Our Latest Testimonial
(View all testimonials here)
Thanks again for my stay! When I moved up to Maine, this was the first (and only!) apartment that I looked at. The apartment and the thoroughness of your process put my mind (and my parentsí minds) at ease about moving 6 hours away.... (read more)
It's obvious you truly care about people and are without question the best landlords I've ever had, hands down.... (read more)
We would like to say that we have been honored to have you and Deb as our landlords the past few years ... (read more)
Ken & Deb, please accept this gift as a token of our appreciation. We have thoroughly enjoyed ... (read more)
I think I told you and Ken when I left that renting from you was a great experience ... (read more)
Thank you for being a great landlord and for providing a stable and positive housing environment for me the last two years.
... (read more)
I appreciate all of the resources you've provided. My stay was great and everything I expected. You made everything very simple, and I wouldn't recommend anyone else.
Renting from Southern Angel Properties was fantastic for me as a college student. ... (read more)
Thank you and Deb so much! You both have been nothing short of amazing. ... (read more)
Thank you so much for being a Great landlord all who live in you buildings should feel privileged. ... (read more)
Let me start by saying (we) were Blessed that summer day we met you. ... (read more)
LS (Financing professional)
I have rented many different apartments, and this was by far the best experience. If you want stress-free living with ... (read more)
Personally, I have rented a few times in the past few years and will tell you how much I have appreciated yours and Deb's professionalism and kindness ... (read more)
Welcome Home! (Almost!)
Thanks for inquiring about our rental unit. Our goal is to provide you with a great place to live, for as long a time as possible. Our careful screening means a safer, quieter, place to live for you.
We've tried to make our process as efficient as possible, designed to get qualified prospects situated in their new home quickly, and with as little work as possible.
- Step 1: Before contacting us about an apartment, please be sure that you qualify (see QUALIFICATION STANDARDS list below). If you don't QUITE qualify, but have reason to believe your situation might merit an exception, please take the next step.
- Step 2: As part of our pre-qualification process, we ask that you complete an online application (if you haven't already), If you qualify, we will contact you and set up a showing. We may ask you to drive by the apartment or house if you haven't seen it, to be sure you find the area suitable. We don't want to put time into the process only to find out that the building is too far from where you work, or other "deal breaker" that can be quickly eliminated by a quick drive-by.
IMPORTANT: It is VITAl that you fill out the application truthfully & completely. For example, if an applicant had had a bankruptcy in the past ten years, but answered "no", we would automatically disqualify that applicant. Yet we would NOT necessarily disqualify the same applicant for the bankruptcy itself, had they answered honestly. So be certain you answer correctly. Some of the choices are simple "yes/no" but if an applicant even accidientally answers "no" when they meant to put "yes" we will have to assume they lied.
- Step 3: After the showing, if you decide you want the apartment then a non-refundable holding deposit is required equal to one month's rent. You can pay cash, make a cash deposit at Kennebec Savings Bank, or signup for our ACH debit system here. You will also need to fill out our holding deposit form here.
- Step 4: We finish our screening process to verify that you qualify. If everything checks out, then we call back to setup a lease signing and move in date!
More Questions? Please see our FAQ page, email us at leasing@sangelproperties or call the leasing office at (207) 314-4029
- You must have an EASILY VERIFIABLE source of income that equals at least 3 times the rent per month.
- Example: To qualify for a $700/MO apartment you would need to gross at least $2,100 per month.
- Please be ready to verify your employment or other source of income. Many employers will not release income or employment information. Please check with your employer and take the steps necessary BEFORE applying so that there are no delays in the process. We should not need to make more than one phone call or send one email to verify your income.
- If you are self-employed, we will base your qualification on net profit on schedule C or other tax document. We will need to see your last two year's tax returns. Please have them ready to avoid a delay in processing.
- If you don't quite qualify financially, you may be able to qualify by paying a higher security deposit (equal to TWO month's rent), and/or having a co-signer who would qualify financially. Please note that these steps will only be considered if you are close to qualifying on your own merits.
- You must have all move-in funds in cash or certified funds, at or before lease signing: We are not open to working with anyone on move-in funds, nor do we accept checks or non-certified funds at move in/lease signing. Our belief is that if someone cannot come up with the equivalent of first month's rent and security deposit (and pet fees if applicable), they're not ready to live on their own. We are seeking only financially self-sufficient, clean, conscientious adults with sound character & reasonable life skills* to do business with.
- Applicants must have had no evictions (FED) within 5 years. (This means full court eviction, not just being asked to leave. We may consider applicants who've been asked to leave a rental situation as long as no FED (court eviction) was ever initiated or filed)
- Applicants must have no felonies within 5 years (Class A,B,C)
- Applicants must have no more than 2 misdemeanors in 5 years (Class D,E)
- Applicants must have no record of drug activity within past 5 years
- In addition, we reserve the right to deny anyone residency, at our sole discretion, as allowed by state and federal law, if we feel that a prospect's presence in our building might dissuade otherwise good prospects from renting from us or diminish the experience of existing or prospective tenants. This may include but not be limited to past crimes, regardless of nature or when committed or observed behavior.
Thank you very much for considering us. We're quality-focused, and want our buildings to become comfortable homes in which to live and raise families.