Southern Angel Properties
Move out instructions
Keep in mind, we have many apartments, so if you're looking for a change, check with us first. We often have unadvertised vacancies. If you DO need to move, please read the following instructions
- Give us thirty (30) days notice in writing either by mailing to us, or emailing (NEVER TEXTING) Ken or Deb. The notice should include your exact move-out date. YOUR NOTICE IS NOT CONSIDERED RECEIVED until we acknowledge receipt. If you don't receive a reply within 24 hours, be sure to follow up with a phone call to be sure we received your email. Once we receive your notice, we'll email you cleaning checklists and other important information.
Note: The majority of people give notice on the first day of the month and move out on the last day of the month. However, you can move out any day you like as long as you give a full 30 day notice. For example, if you give us notice on October 10th, you would be responsible for rent up to and including November 9th. Even though you are responsible for paying rent for the full 30 days, you can still move earlier. For example, you find a new apartment on October 10th and give notice. But your new apartment is ready on November 1st. You can move in on November first, but would still be responsible for rent up to the 10th. Some people prefer this type of situation because for a few days, they have access to both apartments, and this allows them to move out over the course of a few days instead of rushing.
- Please keep your apartment as neat & clean as possible. We may be showing your apartment to prospective tenants during your notice period, and it's important that the unit look as pleasing as possible. We will of course give 24 hour's notice.
- Your security deposit will be refunded, less any charges if applicable, within two weeks after move out unless you have pets, in which case it will be a full thirty days.
- Alert us right away of anything that needs "fixing" that you may have forgotten to mention before, so we can get those items scheduled in.
- To guide you in your move out process, download and/or print the listed documents below
- Move out instructions
- Cleaning checklist
- Wear & tear vs. damage
- Come back disount coupon
- Exit survey
Rentals & Leasing (Deb LaVoie)
Office Mgr. (Ken LaVoie)
Maintenance (Chris Harper)